background

Monday, September 10, 2012

Stepping out in faith to follow my Lord

A lot has happened in a very short time so lets catch up...

Well first of all remember that job that  I am thankful for, but tired of well I quit it. Frankly I was afraid to quit because what if I could get anything else, what if we couldn't make enough money, and what if we had to live with my parents forever.  Jake and I had prayed about it and prayed about it and Tuesday night we decided that I just needed to quit. We talked about it more and decided that it would not take that many days of subbing (I was in the process of getting on several sub lists) for us to be ok money-wise because we really are not spending very much right now.  We also decided that it would help me to get a teaching job so it was worth it.  We were about to go to sleep and I told him that I had a lot of big things I needed to pray about and I felt like I needed to get down and pray one more time. He prayed with me and then I just felt at peace and I knew this was what God wanted me to do.


Wednesday morning I headed to work and I prayed all the way there "God, just let this be right. Let me follow you. Let them take it well. Let me know this is right." Then I added in "God let me tell them why let me be proud to follow you." I went in to work I found my boss and I told him we needed to talk. We went to the front of the restaurant and I started off strong I said I prayed about it and I need to quit. I was proud of myself I wish I had said more about it, but at least I put it out there. Then I told him about the subbing and that I needed to do that to be able to get a teaching job. They have been very good to me so I offered to finish out that week and this week.


Friday night Jake texted me at work and said I had a message at home to set up an interview for a special ed. teaching position! Saturday we went to see my little cousin's baseball game and I saw that I had a voice mail on my cell phone. I checked and it was a message to set up an interview for a para pro job! This morning I called and set up both of the interviews for tomorrow. Then I went to work and while I was there I got a call to set up another interview for a special ed para pro position tomorrow!


I am just amazed! I told my mom when I quit that I was stepping out on faith and that God had a plan and He would provide for us. I meant through being able to substitute and work the same schedule as Jake. I underestimated Him again!!! I don't know if any of these positions will work out, but I am hopeful and either way I know that my God is capable of all things and I will follow His lead. He will provide :)


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh Brandi! I love you, and I know you will do great!! :)

    ReplyDelete